Parents of children with disabilities are seeking information and answers...
The THRIVE Center offers FREE Parent Advising to lighten the load!
We listen to your issue, research your question and provide you with suggestions and resources to address the situation of concern.
PARENT ADVISING FREE OF CHARGE!
If you have a question about community services or the special education process for your child with special needs,
please call us at 303-632-6840 or email us at email@example.com.
We will discuss your situation and assist you in finding answers for no charge.
Please call prior to dropping by...we are often in the community offering trainings and resource fairs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click on the following sentences to see a brief answer to the question.
- What’s an Individualized Education Program (IEP)?
- A good IEP has been developed for my child. How can I make sure that the IEP is being implemented effectively?
- When the school calls me in for a meeting about my child’s progress or lack of progress in school, I’m not sure what to do or say? This isn’t a parents/teacher meeting. There are a lot of people present at this meeting. Am I at an Individualized Education Program (IEP) Meeting? If so, what is an IEP meeting and what do I do?
- The school says my child is not eligible for special education services but is eligible for a 504 Plan? What is a 054 Plan?
- I want a different therapist, para-professional, or teacher for my child because it’s not working out but the school refuses to do so. Can they refuse my request?
- The school tells me that my child’s behavior is a problem, what are my options?
- The school wants to remove my child from his/her classroom. I disagree, what can I do?
- The school wants to suspend my child for breaking a school rule but my child couldn’t help it because of his/her disability.
- The school and I don’t agree on what’s appropriate for my child. What can I do?
- What will happen to my child once he/she graduates from high school?